Death on the job: lawsuit filed for Oregon worker forced to use bucket in truck as toilet

As reported by the Oregonian, attorneys Tom D’Amore of D’Amore Law Group have filed lawsuit on behalf of a worker who died from carbon monoxide poisoning on a job site.  

Andrew Lane was only 22 years old when he died.

He was one of nine employees of an Oregon company that provides roof and gutter-cleaning services. On May 13, 2014, workers were sent to a jobsite with no access to toilet facilities.

The workers, including Andrew, who suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, had been instructed to use a bucket as a toilet.

The bucket was kept in the back of the work truck. It was near the gas-powered power washer, which was bolted to the floor — and releasing carbon monoxide.

Image 027 (00113810xD67F0)

The truck that Andrew Lane was found dead on May 13, 2014.

A toxic amount of carbon monoxide filled that space in less than a minute.

Andrew’s coworkers found him dead in the back of the truck.

His employer was fined $840 for OSHA safety violations, including exposure to fumes from that gas-powered pressure washer, and failure to provide proper toilet facilities.

See the full story, and download a copy of the complaint here: Death of worker told to use bucket as toilet spurs $4 million lawsuit

Please contact Tom D’Amore of D’Amore Law Group with questions: 503-222-6333, or