How do I report nursing home abuse?

Well, the first thing you would do to report nursing home abuse is contacting your state agency. Your state agency would initiate an investigation and those investigators are permitted and have to be allowed into the facility if it has been nursing home abuse. You should also hire an attorney. The attorney can help the family members go through this process of submitting a formal complaint to the nursing home and to the state agency. And so, get an attorney involved right away, file the complaints right away, and allow your attorney to help you through the process.