What should I do if I’ve been sexually abused?

If you’ve been sexually abused, the first thing that you need to do is contact the police and fill out a police report. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of sexual abuse that’s going on in institutions, whether it be hospitals, nursing homes, or on the job that doesn’t get reported. A lot of hospitals and nursing homes, they believe that it would be a black eye on their institution to report sexual abuse, so they tend to cover up sexual abuse when it happens because they’re more concerned about their reputation than the person that’s actually been sexually abused. We represent victims that have been sexually abused both against the individual that did the abuse, but also against the institutions that are either allowed for the abuse or covered it up afterward.